To setup Amped Wireless-N Pro Smart Repeater and Range Extender, firstly position your amped extender for amped wireless setup, for this:
- Find a suitable setup location which should be midway between the amped wireless router and the wireless dead zone area.
- The amped range extender must get a strong wifi signal from your amped wifi router.
- The signal strength signalled from the amped router should be preferable more than 70% in the place where you want setup.ampedwireless.com setup.
The recommended optimal positioning of the Amped Wireless-N Pro Smart Repeater and Range Extender makes it function well. Once you have kept the amped pro repeater at a suitable location, establish hardware connections.
To setup Amped Wireless High Power Wireless-N Pro Smart Repeater and Range Extender using setup.ampedireless.com:
Step 1: Setup connect of your computer to the Amped Wireless-N Pro Smart Repeater and Range Extender (amped router setup) using following steps
- The Ethernet cable of the Amped Wireless-N Pro Smart Repeater and Range Extender must be attached to its Ethernet or POE port.
- Affix the Ethernet cable wire to the Amped Wireless-N Pro Smart Repeater‘s repeater port on the PoE adapter.
- Plug the Amped Wireless-N Pro Smart Repeater and Range Extender to power source using PoE adapter fixed at PWR port.
- Ultimately, connect the PoE adapter of the amped extender to the LAN port of your computer.
It is also possible to set up Amped Wireless High Power Wireless-N Pro Smart Repeater and Range Extender using wireless settings. For this, connect the computer to the amped range extender’s network using its default wireless network settings, usually ending with 2.4 and 5.0
Note: It is advisable to not connect the Amped Wireless-N Pro Smart Repeater and Extender with a wireless connection during installation and amped extender setup.
Step 2: Access the Smart Setup Wizard of Amped Wireless-N Pro Smart Repeater and Range Extender via setup.ampedwireless.com:
- Open amped supporting web browsers on your computer.
- Enter amped wireless login default address setup.ampedwireless.com in the browser’s field.
- If the setup.ampedwireless.com web menu fails to open, use the default login IP address http://192.168.1.240 into your web address bar.
- The amped extender’s web menu need not require any internet network connection as it can be directly reached from the range extender.
- The Smart Setup Wizard auto-launches to access the web menu of the Amped Wireless-N Pro Smart Repeater and Range Extender.
- The smart setup wizard guides through the amped wireless setup process.
Step 3: scanning for available home router’s network that needs to be extended using Amped Wireless-N Pro Smart Repeater and Range Extender via setup.ampedwireless.com:
- SCAN to search for the amped wireless router’s wifi network name that requires to be extended with setup.ampedwireless.com setup.
- Select the amped router’s Wi-Fi network SSID to extend using the Amped Wireless-N Pro Smart Repeater and Range Extender.
- If you have a dual band amped router, select SSID of both 2.4 GHz and 5GHz bands.
- Always select the router’s wireless signal with signal strength of 70% or greater.
- If signal strength is less than recommended, Move your Amped Wireless-N Pro Smart Repeater and Range Extender towards the amped router.
- Click Next.
Step 4: Enter home wireless network default security settings – SSID and password:
- Enter the security key or password for your security enabled amped router’s wifi network.
- Type separate wireless network keys for both bands of amped router wifi.
Step 5: Allow wireless network configuration:
- Allow the Range Extender’s setup wizard to automatically detect your router’s wireless network security settings.
- The newly extended Wi-Fi network settings will be displayed with “_RE” prefix at the end of its wireless network name/SSID.
- You can opt to enter a new wireless network name /SSID and password for your extender wireless network.
- Click on /next to save the applied settings.
- The smart setup wizard guides you through countdown process in completion of setup.ampedwireless.com setup.
- The Amped Wireless-N Pro Smart Repeater and Range Extender will reboot during the smart setup wizard countdown.
- It will disconnect from the Wi-Fi connection during the reboot.
- Then, reconnect your wireless devices to the Amped Wireless-N Pro Smart Repeater and Range Extender’s newly setup Extended Wi-Fi Network.
- Use the wireless network name SSID and wireless network password to connect to either band.
- Click next to apply wireless settings and complete the Amped Wireless-N Pro Smart Repeater and Range Extender setup process.
The Amped Wireless High Power Wireless-N Pro Smart Repeater and Range Extender gets successfully setup using setup.ampedwireless.com login to access the smart setup wizard. You can now attach any wired networking devices to the Ethernet port on the bottom of the amped range extender. It is also possible to manage and control the amped wireless repeater cum extender’s settings from web menu accessible through setup.ampedwireles.com login
After the setup.ampedwireless.com setup, the smart setup wizard lets you know if any firmware version file is available and if your Amped Wireless High Power Wireless-N Pro Smart Repeater and Range Extender require a firmware update.
Also, if you had not previously placed your amped wireless range extender at a recommended location, you can position it at an optimal location now, all the setup.ampedwireless.com settings are saved and it is safe and secure to be relocated to different locations.